The oat is the most nutritious of all cereal grains. PrOatina™ oats (Avena nuda L.) are among the highest protein of all oat varieties usually well over 20%. PrOatina™ is very low in the avenin peptide that cause allergic reactions, possibly equal to or lower than some varieties of rice and corn varieties. As we learn more about nutrition we learn that the oat has many important attributes that make it more healthy and nutritious than other cereals:
Visit our store to check out our Proatina™ Products
PrOatina is not genetically modified
PrOatina is 100% natural whole grain oats
PrOatina contains no additives.
PrOatina is not irradiated
PrOatina is not steamed or steeped
PrOatina is not heat stabilized
The Benefits of Oats
- It's been more than a decade since the FDA approved a heart-health claim for oatmeal and other foods made from whole oats, such as oat bran and oat flour.
- The new research review confirms those benefits. It also includes more recent data showing that oats may also do the following:
- Help dieters' cholesterol. Weight loss lowers LDL cholesterol, and oatmeal may lower it even further.
- Improve LDL cholesterol profile. Oatmeal may curb small LDL cholesterol particles, which may be riskier than bigger LDL particles.
- Curb inflammation. Lab tests show that antioxidants in oats have anti-inflammatory properties. It would be impractical to try to eat the amount of oatmeal needed to get the antioxidant levels used in those tests, but smaller doses over time may have benefits.
- Reap whole-grain perks against high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and weight gain.
- Oats are a good source of total dietary fiber, and the high percentage of soluble fiber present in oats is thought to contribute to lower blood cholesterol levels and decreased risk of heart disease.
- Oats contain a high percentage of desirable complex carbohydrates, which have been linked to: reduced risk of colon, breast, and prostrate cancer; better management of diabetes; and fewer bowel problems such as constipation.
- The edible portion of oats contains one of the highest protein levels of all commonly consumed cereal grains. In addition to having an overall high protein content, oats contain one of the best amino acid profiles of all grains.
- Like all cereal grains, oats have a relatively low fat content. The lipids present in oats contain a good balance of essential fatty acids, and are primarily unsaturated. A higher dietary intake of unsaturated fats relative to overall fat consumption has been linked with longevity and general good health.
- Oats have a high vitamin B1 (thiamin) content. Thiamin is required by the body for carbohydrate metabolism.
The PrOatina™ Difference
- PrOatina oats are grown, harvested, stored, transported, processed and packaged using a special processes and redundant procedures to insure that PrOatina is not contaminated with gluten grains.
- Farmers plant PrOatina in fields that have not had gluten grains such as wheat or barley for at least 4 years. PrOatina™ is often rotated into fields were previously alfalfa or other broadleaf crop. Every farmer walks his field and hand rogues any gluten plants (usually there are none). Then a field inspector from Montana Gluten Free Processors walks the field before harvest.
- PrOatina™ is harvested with dedicated equipment used only for non gluten grains. Then transportation and storage is cleaned to insure no possible contamination.
- Montana Gluten Free Processors facility in Belgrade Montana is a gluten free certified facility which does not handle gluten grains. PrOatina is milled, ELISA tested and packaged in our state of the art facility and shipped to you.
Other Gluten Free Products